So…dinner parties. I like them. While I’m not fond of hosting parties, I do like attending them (assuming the food is good). Good food is essential. In a perfect world, fictional characters would be just as likely to attend as family and friends (and in some cases, they are practically the same thing).
(As hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Of note, I am (apparently) feeling very parenthetical today.)
In no particular order:
10. Jane Eyre and Edward Fairfax Rochester / Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. And this surprises no one. I did have to include her lesser half as well…
09. John Constantine / Hellblazer. Because his greatest talent might be deception – perfect dinner guest.
08. Meg March / Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Just because. And preferably seated right next to Constantine.
07. Kyra Devore / Bag of Bones by Stephen King. I love kids. Little Miss BoSox would be fun. (And my devotion to this novel continues.)
06. Atticus Finch / To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. At least one guest needs to be an upstanding citizen…
05. Vic McQueen / NOS4A2 by Joe Hill. She’s one of my favorites. And she rides a bike through time and space. There would be no shortage of interesting topics of conversation.
04. Stu Redman and Frannie Goldsmith / The Stand by Stephen King. I did not make this entire list from Stephen King characters, but know that I could of.
03. Hermione Granger / Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling. She would be witty and fun, right?
02. James Bond / Ian Fleming. Admittedly, though I’ve read several of the books, I’d actually prefer to dine with the movie version. This spot is interchangeable with Dirk Pitt.
01. Jon Snow / ASoIaF by George R. R. Martin. No explanation needed, right? Arya Stark is a strong alternate.
Who would you share a meal with?