1. Too many books. There’s no such thing… Except there kind of is. Though, to be fair, it’s more of a not enough time or space issue.
2. Book pushing. Other readers don’t mind my book pushing ways, but everyone else gets a little irritated. But honestly, who doesn’t think Rex Libris: I, Librarian is awesome?
3., 4., 5., 6. The need to own bookish things. I will never, for my own safety, calculate what I’ve spent on book paraphernalia.
- socks (as seen here).
- the miscellaneous byproducts from working in the technical services department.
- card catalog (as seen here).
7. One of the must-haves when I was servicing for a house was a home library. It took a year, but I found one. Now I just need a rolling ladder.
8. My bag has to be tote size in order to accommodate my current reads. I wish I was kidding (and so does my back).
9. There are TV shows to be watched, like The Librarians. And it’s fantastic.
10. Reading takes up valuable times. Sometimes, if you are with a person who is not a reader, they don’t understand the compulsion/need to read. And I may have more books than friends, unless you count books as friends (in which case I have too many friends).
For more bookish problems, visit The Broke and The Bookish.
Photo found here.