A list of my favorite lists? Brilliant, no? As hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
(I mean honestly, there’s no need for me to write a novella for my introduction, right? Not that I’ve not been guilty of that 500 times over. Let’s get to it, shall we? Also, just stick me in the photo below.)
10. Here’s your chance to wallow, have a good cry, and watch Molly Ringwald choose the wrong guy. Team Duckie for life. A list of something I love…other than books.
09. What happens when you realize you may actually be a hipster. By the mainstream cultural standard only, of course. Blogging confessions.
08. After no. 09. Subtitle: So you’ve admitted you’re a hipster. Meant in a purely facetious manner. Hipster Lit: An Irreverent Top Ten List.
07. What happens when one person is an X-Files kind of girl and one person is a Real World vs. Road Rules kind of boy? Reality in romance.
06. Often what we read and fall in love with as children sticks with us long into adulthood – this is true of me, at the very least. Pairing childhood favorite with corresponding adult titles.
05. It was a dark and stormy night… Or best opening lines in literature.
04. A perfectly adequate guide aimed to please (almost) everyone, whether reading near water or not. Also known as beach reading.
03. “I’m sure if you were going down to Hell in an elevator, the music playing would be the Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas album and it would speed up the farther you plunged” (Joe Hill). In case hell is not your final destination, check out these not so average travelogues.
02. Jane Eyre jumps off a cliff every time someone loves 50 Shades of Grey. Or, in simpler terms, books I regret reading.
01. Quirk·y (kwərkē) adjective. Characterized by peculiar or unexpected traits. As in “her sense of humor was decidedly quirky”. Synonyms: eccentric, idiosyncratic, unconventional, unorthodox, unusual, strange, bizarre, peculiar, odd, outlandish, zany, offbeat. Weird is rad – literarily.
Bonus: Where would we be if I did not include my list of superlatives? Because we all need a best of throwback to high school. You know you want to know who won most unique romance.