I, like any good, angsty teenager of the ’90s, loved Daria and My So-Called Life, but my taste in movies was (occasionally) less than stellar. Does that mean I love these movies any less? Nope. 10 Things I Hate About You FOREVER.
The theme this week is movies. Action, Romance, Thriller, etc. I will call this list “if you grew up in the later ’90s and had a rather unworldly outlook on life” teen movies. Did I like other movies outside of this made up genre? Yes, yes I did.
In no particular order:
Bonus: Blue Crush. Hawaii and surfing and fabulous abs…
10. Save the Last Dance. Who didn’t want to secretly be a fabulous dancer?!
09. Center Stage. See above. Or was it just me?
08. Now and Then. This one is just plain great, right?
07. She’s All That. Because what teenage girl doesn’t appreciate the message that a haircut and contacts will be all that’s needed to make Freddie Prinze Jr. fall in love with her? There may be a bit of sarcasm here.
06. I Know What You Did Last Summer. My early foray into horror. No wonder I am scarred for life. But Lois Duncan!
05. Sweet Home Alabama. Really, when I think about it now, Melanie is the worst.
04. The Breakfast Club. All the angst. And Molly Ringwald.
03. Ever After. Cinderella + Drew Barrymore = Everything.
02. Clueless. As if…I wouldn’t include this on my list.
01. 10 Things I Hate About You. I wanted to be (and probably was) a less cool version of Kat.
How perfect is this image in tying together current events and top ten Tuesday? I, again, am mostly being sarcastic, but also…not so much. Because this could explain a lot. This brilliant illustration is available for purchase on etsy.
For more movie lists, go here.