I blinked and it’s New Year’s Eve. 2016 has been a year of huge changes, both good and bad, and it has not been a fantastic reading year. However, it has been solid, so I thought I’d share some that I enjoyed.
If that isn’t an underwhelming introduction, I don’t know what is. Regardless of how sub-par this post begins (I’d rewrite it if I had more time, but I don’t), I really am recommending reading the following books.
In no particular order:
10. Only Love Can Break Your Heart by Ed Tarkington
09. Inherit the Bones by Emily Littlejohn
08. Mr. Splitfoot by Samantha Hunt (review).
07. All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood (review).
06. The Guineveres by Sarah Domet (review).
05. The Girls by Emma Cline (review).
04. Marrow Island by Alexis Smith (review).
03. Goodnight Beautiful Women by Anna Noyes
02. Rush Oh! by Shirley Barret
01. Sweetgirl by Travis Mulhauser (review).
It’s worth noting, given my typical top ten lists, there are 8 female authors vs 2 male authors. Books worth mentioning that didn’t make the list: Jane Steele, Dog Run Moon, The Heavenly Table, and Hag-Seed.
Let’s all hope 2017 begins better than 2016 ended. Happy New Year!